Dermaplaning, which is performed using a specialized surgical blade that safely and effectively removes dead skin cells from the face, is one of the current trendiest treatment options. Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation method used by our licensed esthetician that requires the use of a sterile surgical scalpel to gently shave the top layer of the skin which is the stratum corneum that includes the dead skin layer, and vellus hair. This treatment results in ultra-smooth, fresh, and brighter skin by allowing new skin cells to exude their healthy glow. It also tricks the skin into thinking it is wounded due to manual exfoliation so it boosts collagen production, helping decrease fine lines and wrinkles.Book Now
Some of the benefits of dermaplane facial treatment includes:
- No chemicals are applied to your skin during treatment.
- A clinical peel can be added with the treatment
- It stimulates the growth of new skin cells.
- It is a great option for clients with sensitive skin and pregnant women who are looking for deep exfoliation.
- It can be performed before other treatments such as facials, laser, microdermabrasion, and clinical peels for better absorption of products.
- Generally takes less than 30 minutes.
- It can help significantly lighten post-inflammatory scars from past acne.
- It can help unclog blackheads and whiteheads.
- Results are visible immediately after a dermaplaning session.
- It does not make your hair grow back thicker or darker.